NatWest Island Games Opening Ceremony programme announced
On Saturday 27 June 2015, 3,000 athletes and officials will be welcomed with an opening ceremony that focuses on the Island’s history and traditions, language, and people.
Taking place in the beautiful surroundings of Howard Davis Park, the NatWest Island Games XVI Opening Ceremony will be hosted by Jess Dunsdon, Mark McQuillan and Deputy Murray Norton and will showcase a wealth of local talent on stage, screen and within the park itself
The programme includes:
- The Band Of The Island Of Jersey
- The Jersey Youth Orchestra & Jersey Youth Choir (the choir formed specially for Jersey 2015) together with the Fleur De Lys Signing Choir from St Mary’s School
- Jersey-born singer and song-writer Michelle Rowsell who, amongst some well known hits, will perform songs from her recently released debut album ‘Jersey Girl’
- Badlabecques, who will be joined by a choir from Les Amis
- Monty Taft -a well-known local singer
- Performance artistes and dancers choreographed by Christophe Chateau
- Plus a few surprises.
- Park opens 5pm
- Event starts 7pm
- Event ends 10pm
- Park closes 10.30pm
Central to all the festivities will be the competitors themselves, the true stars of the show, who will take pride of place within the park as we extend a traditional Jersey welcome.
Tickets for the Opening Ceremony will go on sale on 14 May at 14:30.Go to the NatWest Island Games XVI Jersey 2015 website http://www.jersey2015.com/ and follow the link -
- Seated: £25.00
- Standing: £15.00
Tickets are limited to two per person
The Closing Ceremony on Friday 3 July also promises to be a memorable event, but is only open to the competitors, their teams and supporters with accreditation plus all the local people who have volunteered their time and skills to help make the week an event that will live in the memory.
With a more relaxed atmosphere, Deputy Murray Norton and Katy Ringsdore (who hosted The Channel 103 Breakfast Show together) will make sure the Closing Ceremony will be a night to remember.
The very talented and well known locals who will be ensuring the party gets going are: Samuel Walwyn – PwC Jersey Young Musician of the Year 2015, Chaz Chapman, Kelly McKenzie, Tallia Storm – a new islander so this will be her first performance in Jersey, Jaime Boylan and The Jersey Bounce.There will be a few surprises as well, so the Closing Ceremony promises to be a great end to the week.
Notes to editor
For further information, please contact Suzie Foster, Manager Of Ceremonies, NatWest Island Games XVI – Jersey 2015 on Tel: 01534 449342